So, let's go back to August 12. Haha! I know, sad.
Katie got married on August 13th, but the day before was our 4-year Anniversary. YAY! I have been wanting to take James to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, NE since we went on our honeymoon when we visited the San Diego zoo. Well, Katie and Shane getting married in Omaha gave us the perfect opportunity, so we made it happen! We took Jake with us too because we haven't been able to spend a lot of time with just him and it turned out to be TONS of fun!
Here's a picture of James and I in front of the Union Pacific Railroad sign. James did a business competition with them this last spring and his team took first place, so it was fun to see this sign - a little nostalgic. :D
Here we are with a Rhyme-o-noceros - I mean a rhinoceros. Haha!
And here I am being extremely chicken around this parrot, but let me tell you, he was loud and squawky. I kept trying to pose for the picture and as soon as I'd get set and hold still, he'd squawk VERY loudly and like right behind my ear very threateningly. I really thought he would attack.
These just cracked me up! I can't number how many times I have quoted King Julian from Madagascar and here he is! And check out his leg - is that really comfortable?
And these guys were just SO cute! Look how snuggled they are with their tails wrapped around them like that! This is one experience humans just won't get. We simply cannot snuggle this tightly. Of course, tails would help significantly.
Can you see the resemblance? Haha! We really did have a blast having Jake with us. We needed like another 2 or 3 hours though! We didn't get to relax much because there was so much to see and not enough time. If you ever get a chance to go to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, go! It's way better than San Diego and it's always featured on the Animal Channels. Your kids will LOVE it!!!
And then there was this random missionary that drove by through the zoo... poor guy! Hard day I guess...
Jake and I hiding in a cave. I wasn't really hiding actually. I was posing and I think Jake was hiding from some people who were walking up in the dark and had planned to scare them. I'm pretty sure if I remember right that I smacked him before he could do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment