September 2018
I think I forgot to mention that my three kids got Hand, Foot and Mouth in the middle of July between our two Epic trips. It didn't last long and they didn't get it too terribly I didn't think but all the same, they each lost a few toenails/fingernails. Abi lost the most! Here's her big toenail coming off, and you can kind of see that her pinky toenail is also coming off. Sheesh! Poor kids!
 |
| Hand, foot and mouth aftermath |
 |
| Giggles for dessert |
 |
| Practicing balancing |
Abi and I like to do fun games together in the evenings. I try to keep them somewhat educational. She loved this one!
 |
| Playing Crocodile Math |
Our Camry died back in February and we replaced it but didn't do anything with our dead car for months... until now. Our poor neighbors seemed to be getting sick of it, as were we. We had hoped to sell it to someone who could fix it up but we finally sold it to a scrap yard. It was time for it to go. It made me a little nostalgic as it was our first vehicle purchase. It lasted us 11 years so most of our marriage. This is the car we bought in college at midnight because we had to return our moving van the next morning (I'm sure the sales guy was excited to see us drive up in that), the one that died at a gas station as Katie and I headed out of town and my cousin had to jump in a rain storm, the back feet area also randomly filled with water twice and the car people couldn't figure out how it was getting in there so we had to vacuum gallons of water out TWICE, we took it with us through several moves to NM (when I got my first and only speeding ticket), NJ and finally to TX, we brought Abi home from Utah in this vehicle after she was born and drove her back seven months later to finalize her adoption. This car has seen some of the best moments of our lives! Farewell, good car!
 |
| Saying good-bye |
 |
| Abi loves being in the pool with Daddy |
After she would get balanced on James's shoulders, she'd fall backwards and if you can zoom on her face, do it! It's hilarious!
 |
| Her face is such a crack-up! |
 |
| Look at all those cute teeth! |
 |
| And all those cute teeth! |
A good friend gave us a big bag of dress up clothes when they moved. Our kids have really loved them but didn't know what to think in the beginning.
 |
| Haha, their faces! |
GUYSSS!!!! SHE FINALLY DID IT! Abi finally cut her own hair. UGH! And just when I was finally learning to French braid. So of course she cut it when it was braided - she just stuck the scissors right through the middle of the braid and with each snip, she created several sections of sprigs. She did it at school so her poor teacher had to bring her out to my car personally to report the news. What a mess!
 |
| She finally cut it! |
I got her home, took out her braids and brushed the loose locks from her hair. Sadness.
 |
| Look at all these beautiful locks! |
Look at all the short strands!!! There's no fixing or hiding this. Haha! It just is what it is!
 |
| Sprigs! |
 |
| Happy snugglers |
 |
| Guess I need to wash their hands better after dinner? Tasty fingers |
No comments:
Post a Comment