"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The beginning of a new era

August 2018

We enjoyed the end of our summer as thoroughly as possible knowing that it was our last summer of not having kids in school. A new era is about to begin in our family. We had to take advantage of every moment!

The twins will miss Abigail!
This makes my heart happy!

They are actually beginning to bother each other which is a good sign for their sibling relationship. Haha!
Fighting for their half of the cart

Despite the crazy year we've had, James and I could not be more happy with each other, with our family and with our lives in general. We really are this happy!!!
Surviving the summer with class

This is a fairly common look for Hyrum to give people, particularly strangers, but even us! Haha! He's actually quite social but his personal space bubble is large. Haha
His awesome evil eye

Audrianne, on the other hand, will look at you like she's trying to communicate eons of information right from her soul to yours! It's amazing!
She can see your soul

We went to the zoo to say good bye to the dinosaurs and summer.
Playing at the zoo

We read books under our new blankets that Grandma Harper had given all the grandkids while at Yellowstone. They are her I-Spy quilts because they are filled with a variety of fabrics that represent each person in the family and many various memories and stories. They're quite fun to play I-Spy with actually.
Enjoying our new blankets

We went to Sea World to say good bye to summer and rode the FREE carousel multiple times. I love that it's free. The carousel at the zoo isn't and I think that's the most ridiculous thing ever.
Riding the carousel

The kids loved the animal shows!
Seeing the dolphins jump

Hyrum had learned his first "word" while on vacation and he used it well at Sea World.
"Quack, quack!"

Riding the tube ride

Oh, this makes my heart swell with pride! This girl is so amazing!!! She gets to do Spanish immersion Kindergarten and we are so excited for her to learn a new language as well as how to read and write. Good luck to her!
First day of Kindergarten

Hyrum and Audrianne had a great time that first week playing with whatever toy they wanted without Abi taking them away. Haha! They were so delightful!
Enjoying not fighting over toys

So much to explore

Reading their favorite book with Daddy

Audrianne helping around the house

Hyrum helping around the house


No comments: