December 2017
 |
| Snuggling with Daddy |
We finally have a house to decorate! And yes, this is Texas in December! Green, eh?! Our babies didn't want to stick around for the decorating party. We had to keep stopping to collect them before they went into the street.
 |
| Trying to run away |
 |
| Lighting up the house |
 |
| Abi "helping" |
 |
| Our home that we love so much! |
The lights were not nearly as amazing as the lights on all our neighbors' homes but we have to build up our supply. Baby steps :)
 |
| Our beautiful lights |
One of our violin decorations did not make it through the moving process and broke off its stand. So we let Abi pretend with it for a while before it ultimately was thrown away. She thought it was fantastic to pretend to play violin alongside Lindsey Stirling on Youtube. I would be ok if Abi wanted to learn violin!
 |
| Abi aspiring to be Lindsey Stirling |
My favorite game with Hyrum and Audrianne these days! They are so adorable!
 |
| Peek-a-boo! |
 |
| Rockin' out |
So one day, James came home from work and all I had to show for the day was this castle. Haha! No dinner was made, just a castle. But the kids love it! That's all the matters...
 |
| We built a castle! |
So something happened this December that apparently hasn't happened for over 23 years??!!?? It snowed! It only stuck for a night but apparently every kid in the neighborhood was outside playing in it because yeah, this only happens once every two decades!
 |
| It snowed! |
Now you see what we're up against! I drove into my neighborhood one evening and totally felt like I was in that Skipping Christmas book. I was worried the neighbors were going to exile me if I didn't get my house decorated ASAP. We truly were the dark house on the street there for a while.
 |
| Our street |
 |
| We are ready for snow |
 |
| Our wintry backyard |
We are sick so often lately!
 |
| Sick again! |
 |
| Reading the Christmas books |
One lovely day while shopping at the grocery store, Abi screamed through the whole HUGE, Texas-sized store because she wanted to "eat the black fish" or in other words, I didn't buy the dead black salmon head on ice in the fish display. I just laughed as we walked along with everyone staring at me and Abi screaming, "FISHY!! FISHY!!" We made it back around to the fish and I let her go see them again and she kept pointing to the fish and saying, "This fish, Mom!"
 |
| Abi loves these fish! |
 |
| Reading more Christmas books |
No comments:
Post a Comment