"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Winter entertainment for toddlers in the northeast

January 2017

Hammering at Home Depot
We couldn't get out a whole lot this winter due to TWO NEW BABIES and all that comes with that... even if there weren't germs trying to take over America every winter, we live on the second floor and trying to haul two bundled babies in their carseats down and out when we're all sleep deprived and emotional and hormonal (ok we aren't all hormonal) is just plain too hard to do more than twice a day. Haha! (I do still have to take Abi to school and pick her up again every day. phew.... Just remembering it is making me tired.)

But not leaving the house much is not Abi's fault and so we looked for ways to get her out in manageable ways. Home Depot has a monthly kid craft and so Abi and I went - and the babies! Haha! Me and three kids ages 3 and under. Because I can't get my adrenaline thrills any other way... Apparently. :)

She's super excited!

But as you can tell, Abi absolutely loved it! I was so glad we went! The babies were good to sleep in their stroller while I helped Abi make her toolbox. She loved painting it and getting a little messy, but as soon as she noticed the letter foam stickers, that's all she wanted to do. This girl loves her letters!

Abi loved painting it and putting letter stickers on it! Best part!


Just a little subtle advertising I helped her with...
I couldn't not do it... I had to.


We finally got a good snow storm to go with the cold! So James took Abi out to enjoy the snow!
All bundled up!

Checking out her name that they sprayed in the snow with food-colored water.

James showed her how to make snow angels

Love this happy face!


I'm afraid teaching her this will come back to bite us someday...
So, I can think of so many reasons why not to teach your child to write in snow on the car... future graffiti artist... wanting to use a large stick to scratch at the car... my parents windshield got cracked one winter and we think it's because one of us children (I won't say who) tried to be super helpful and use the kid shovel to scrape the snow off the windshield and in the process, hit the window a bit too forcefully. So, we'll see where this life lesson ends someday, I'm sure. The sentiment was lovely and I loved that he was teaching her to write love notes...

Baby snowman

Hot chocolate is the best way to end a snow day!

Melting Snow Angels


Costco is the other best way to get the family out in winter. It's like dinner and a show with all the awesome people watching going on... At this Costco alone, I've seen a young child pass out and emergency personnel have to drag the dad away from the daughter that totally freaked out... I've seen multiple fur coats that were way beyond fashion crimes... And I've seen a young girl (maybe my own, maybe not) climb up the shelving units to get to the sample play equipment and slide. Hmmm...
Pizza at Costco

She doesn't like us to cut it smaller... so she manages the giant slice on her own

Pizza

Pizza face!


No comments: