"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, August 14, 2017

We're on our own now... help is not on the way!

We had family come help us for 5 of the first 8 weeks and it was totally and completely necessary! I wish we could have had help occasionally for the first six months! Twins (and a three-year-old) are so overwhelming! It's a good overwhelming full of happiness and love and smiles and snuggles but overwhelming nonetheless. All our wonderful family helped us fill our fridge and freezer with delicious food because cooking was so not a priority for me despite the fact that eating was a top priority - haha! Check out this tasty dinner we were able to make after Dannie left! Yum!
A delicious dinner - wowie!

Did I mention overwhelming?
Who put who to sleep?

Ready to go out in the cold

His face melts my heart!

Daddy time


Snuggling together on the boppy

Abi has really found joy in her siblings. I think they're still a bit of a novelty to her but she thinks it's hilarious fun to help put their pacifiers in their mouths. This has been really helpful when I'm working with one baby and she is able to help the other baby - not usually on the bed of course. This is an exceptional picture. :)
Eager to help the baby be happy

When I was super pregnant and exhausted, Abi and I spent many hours snuggled up on the couch. We don't all fit as well anymore! Hehe.
We used to all fit on this couch together before they were born...

We went to the mall to finish some Christmas shopping but mostly just to get out of the house. James helped burn some of Abi's energy by teaching her how to race through the mall starting in the runner's stance. She was hilarious to watch!
Racing through the mall

The babies are finding their voices and Abi is discovering that they are very loud! Haha! Turns out that their crying is really frustrating for her. Babies' cries can be really grating to all of us but they are especially hard for Abi to process - poor thing. We're working on it...
Crying is too loud!

The smiles!

I can only get her to hold a baby for a few seconds which is probably a safe problem to have.
Abi holding Hyrum



I still try to fit in time with just Abi which is difficult sometimes but this was a sweet moment!
Making cookies with mom

Her eyes say she loves me!

Abi's preschool had a Polar Express party and it was adorable! They read the story and rang bells and Santa came to visit! Abi did not understand about the expectations and traditions of Santa only because we have not put a lot of effort into explaining them to her knowing that her communication delays would make it really hard for her to understand. I think this party and watching the other kids' reactions were a huge help to her understanding how much fun Santa can be.
Christmas party at preschool

Looking for Santa

There he is!

This video is hilarious! Abi obviously did not understand her role or Santa's but he was great about it! Kudos to him!


He brought her a gift!

Babies sleeping while Santa visits
It's always fun to bring the babies to Abi's school because everyone met me as a super pregnant mom who could hardly walk Abi into school that first month so it's fun to show them off now. Thankfully they are good babies and easy to take into public and show off!
Look at that face!

I'm convinced that God invented sleep so that parents would remember how much they love their children each night after long, hard days. Haha, just kidding. But really, I love sleeping babies and kids! My heart just melts!
I love watching them sleep!

No comments: