"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, August 14, 2017

Christmas in New Jersey

My dad is so good to me! He made me a chime set for Christmas! He and James went to Home Depot with Abi to get the supplies to make the chimes and Abi of course entertained the masses. :) Thanks to Toy Story 2, she is completely confused as to the purpose of orange cones. Haha! It makes for great photos though!
Sneaking up on Granddad at Home Depot

There she is!

Grammy was a huge help! She knows I want to make baking Christmas cookies a tradition which was just too hard to do by myself with these new babies. She and Abi had a great time baking these sugar cookies.
Making cookies with Grammy

We have some awesome friends who made sure Abi got some attention despite the new babies getting so much. She loved having them come give her a gift and put fake nails on her fingers. :)
Soyoung, Zoe and Anna bring Abi gifts

Granddad and Hyrum chilling out

We had a full house for Christmas this year which meant Abi slept with us, but slept is a strong word. Ha! As you can see, we hardly slept since they were all over the place and I was up to take pictures....
How Abi and James slept on Christmas eve

This Christmas was fun in that it was the first time that Abi tore through her gifts very quickly. Last year she wanted to play with each one after opening it so Christmas lasted all day it seemed. That was fun, too! I missed that a little actually.
Merry Christmas, Abi!

Merry Christmas, Audrianne!
Each baby got a taggie and a book from Santa. They were, of course, ecstatic! Haha!
Merry Christmas, Hyrum!

With Jenny serving her mission in California, Christmas is very special because it is one of two days during the year that we get to skype her! We had such a great conversation with her and my other siblings! I can't wait to have her home again to meet my babies!

While my family talked to Jenny on Skype, James and his dad helped Abi eat dinner and this is the result... You know Christmas was a success when you get a video like this during dinner! Haha!


James grew up listening to his dad read the Polar Express and a few other books each Christmas. We were so lucky to have him with us this year! He actually read it to the whole family over Skype but we got to here it live. :)
Christmas tradition - stories with Grandpa

Grammy loving on the babies

James trying to sleep with Abi - HAHA!

New hats for Christmas! Thanks, Grandmary!

The day after Christmas, James took his dad and Abi to NYC to play and my parents went to see a Broadway show while I stayed home with the babies and got snacks ready for our game night. It was kind of nice to have a few hours to myself with the babies.
Abi channeling Geordi

Game night snacks

Icing the cookies with Grammy

Finished cookies

Abi's hand muff from Grandma

While driving around, James and I ran into this amazing tree!
We found the white tree of Gondor in New Jersey of all places!

I love my sleepy family

Check out that hair



No comments: