"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

February

So February... Haha! Well, February is just a collection of random pictures but some are valuable keepers! Enjoy!

This is Abi's crazy hair after having pigtails all day! She loves this brick fireplace. I'm shocked she hasn't fallen more but she loves tight and defined spaces so this niche between the bricks and the cabinet is a favorite hangout.
Crazy hair!

We've started a habit lately which will probably prove to be a bad habit but when James is gone all week for a business trip, we buy a new toy or gadget to entertain ourselves with. This time, it was bead necklaces. She had never worn necklaces before this and turns out she loves them! She was such a natural it was almost as if she was born wearing necklaces.
First time wearing necklaces

And here's Abi playing in her high chair with her sippy cup. We were having an awful time at one point getting her off the bottle and drinking water. She hated milk and suddenly decided she was done with formula but wouldn't drink water either, so I worried she was going to get dehydrated. A friend suggested the sippy cups with straws and that was a winner! She loves straws now and all sorts of drinks!
Loving her sippy cup

I heard someone once alude to the fact that the snowflake shape is just a cute, made up thing and I wanted to correct him but I've been working hard for the last few years at not being so assertive about things that don't matter (and even some that do) so I left it alone. But not even a week later, we got a beautiful snowfall that was like snow dust. You walked through the snow and it just kicked up in little clouds. We tried to shovel the walks at the church and it was more like shoveling glitter. It was crazy! But here is a picture of the snow on our car. Definitely snowflake shaped! Love it! Click on the picture to zoom in - you will love it!
Real snowflakes (for the unbelievers)

This girl is crazy about music! She has learned to climb higher on this precarious stepstool in order to skip asking for help and turn her music on herself. It's adorable and frightening at the same time!
She needs her music

We have since moved the CD player. :)

These pictures are not the best pictures in the world photographically but I love the faces on James and Abi! They make my life!
A girl and her daddy!



James loves vacuuming and has passed that love on to Abi! That's a win for our futures!
Vacuuming is so much fun!

For some silly reason, Abi loves to stand inside this pan while she plays with her music table. Sometimes she even sits on the side like a little chair. So funny! I especially love when she dances to her music while standing in this pan. Hilarious!
A different kind of stage

Abi loves being right with us (sometimes clinging to our feet or sitting on them) and doing what we're doing, so James has been letting her help stir the pots while we cook. Glad she has a daddy to help her do all the riskier things in life like stir hot pots on the stove. :)
Making eggs with Daddy

Flipping the eggs

We have deer. Yep, a whole herd live in the neighborhood and LOVE our yard!
Our front yard

Our driveway

Our front sidewalk

James was recently asked to help a sister in the ward change her tire. What he didn't realize was how slanted the ground was when he started which nearly turned out to be a catastrophe as you can see here in this picture he took just after finishing the tire switch. Turns out, he ended up having to put the new tire on while holding the car from falling off the jack by leaning against it. Good grief! So glad I wasn't there! Although that might have helped him...
Changing a tire on a slant

While shopping, Abi noticed this stand with two mannequins and an empty spot and came to the natural conclusion that that empty spot was made for her, of course. She climbed right up and turned around to smile and laugh at how awesome this was! Funny girl!
When I grow up...

This is a picture I just saw today and vaguely remember James telling me that she discovered the vents at church. So, folks, here is Abi's Marilyn Monroe moment. :)
I want to be...

This was a fun Sunday where Abi and I were very dressed up and feeling great, so I made James take pictures. :) He was happy to oblige.
Winter coats


One Saturday in February, we wanted to go to the temple in Manhattan and planned to go one at a time so one of us could stay outside and watch Abi. Crazy long plan since that turns a two hour venture into a four hour venture. So, I thought up another plan and last-minute called our 13-year-old babysitter who I swear is actually 18 and invited her to go to NYC with us. She came and watched Abi so James and I could go to the temple together (so nice!) and then we all went to the Natural History Museum and finished the day with a meal at the Shake Shack where Abi had her first milkshake (MY milkshake!) and turns out she loves shakes! It was such a great day! I love our babysitter - she's fantastic! The tough part about trips to NYC is how exhausted and dehydrated you are afterwards. :) Poor sweetheart!
NYC is exhausting!

Abi is really growing up and learning to climb in church! :) We used to smile and giggle (out of jealousy) at the disruptive kids in church and we're becoming that family. So, go ahead, people, smile and giggle at us! But remember to be jealous, too!
Our adorable girl!

Look at those pigtails!
Learning to climb

This is just a funny picture of Abi doing her own shopping. I usually let her gather a few things as we walk along and then they magically disappear and are forgotten at the checkout counter. That won't work forever but for now it's nice to let her think she's shopping, too.
Chocolate lover

No comments: