"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Abi growing up

Abi is getting big enough to help make her own lunch! It's really difficult to have food put in front of you and not eat it so this is a huge step. She still sneaks a chip here and there when she thinks I'm not looking. :) It's adorable. You'll have to ignore the counter full of food. A lot of that is leftover from some storm we were supposed to get that would cut the power for three days and never came. But we were prepared!
Helping make lunch

This is a picture of her last meal in this high chair. It was such a perfect high chair for all our needs. There came a point though when it was so dirty, it was impossible to clean fully after each meal. So it just got worse and worse and eventually was embarrassing because it was so gross. So I took it apart and cleaned it - deeply. Then I realized that even though I had planned on Abi continuing to use it for 2-3 more months, I really didn't want to clean it again so thoroughly that soon, so we retired it.
Last meal in her high chair

And ordered this toddler seat that day! This is Abi's first meal sitting at the table with us. It was so delightful! I had no idea how out of the family she felt being in a high chair but I love having her at the table. There are downsides like having less room at the table because her half has to be clear of things she can reach that are too hot or throwable.
First meal in booster seat

Another downside is that table clothes rarely last beyond one, maybe two, meals. And our table is an old college table that requires a table cloth to look decent. :) But hey, she's happy and we're happy!
Daddy and Abi

Abi and Mommy

Such a proud little girl to be sitting at the table eating like a grown up!
Happy girl!

1 comment:

Jenny Steed said...

That's so exciting she's eating at the table! And doing it like a champ :-)