"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What I've been up to lately

Much of my January, February, and March was spent with this sweetheart:

Her regular daycare lady was on maternity leave so I filled in. And we had a blast! It was a good learning experience for me to see what will have to change in my life if we suddenly have kids either through adoption or foster care, which could happen any day realistically.

I learned:
1. Routines are important.
2. The fine line between sanity and insanity is held sure by naps.
3. Life doesn't happen by accident - you have to plan things ahead.
4. You don't get to the store/bank/etc as often so each trip must be efficient.
5. I eat better and more regularly when someone else is waiting on me to feed them.
6. Tigers eat snakes and chips and monkeys eat lollipops...
7. Usually when I got upset, it was generally my own fault. Either I was tired, hungry, or I gave her unrealistic expectations. Example, I procrastinate leaving until we're going to be late, so then I get upset that she isn't putting her shoes on fast enough, doesn't hurry to the car or get in her seat fast enough, etc, and those are not her fault. They're mine. This realization helped me with number 8.
8. Patience is necessary.
9. Messes are also necessary.
10. Horses say, "Giddy-up!"

Unfortunately, her day care lady is back in business so we don't get to hang out anymore, but now I get to blog again! Yay!



3 comments:

Mary said...

You learned that already? It took me years to get those finer points down. In fact, you just taught me some great stuff. You two will be great parents!

Heidi said...

Haha! Actually, you taught me several of those, but they were solidified with experience. I actually heard your voice in my head several times...

Meagan said...

All true. Sadly I forget them several times a day...sigh.