"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hibernation Day!

We celebrate Groundhog's Day by hibernating! I can't wait to have kids to hibernate with us, but in the meantime, it's lovely to have family who will let us put on silly parties.

Here I am showing you what time it was the night before our party when I was still making cookies.

I was SO tired! I actually began to wonder if these details are necessary for parties to be considered fun. I have concluded that they are essential, but so is sleep so I will just have to plan better next time.


These are the coolest cookies! You use no-bake cookies to make a mound with a hole, glue them to a fudge cookie for stability with chocolate icing and insert a tootsie roll ground hog. Easy, right? Haha! Yeah right! Fun, but not easy. The no-bake recipe was built for stability and was pretty dry so they weren't the best tasting cookies, but we still ate them. :)


We went over to my in-laws' home, had dinner and played games in our pijamas. We also planned to watch a movie with pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals but we ran out of time. Everyone forgot to bring animals, so Bradley provided one for each person.

Here are our Ground-hog faces... HAHAHAHAHA! Love it!

Our menu was as follows:
Hotdogs/Brats (Because groundhogs are also called whistle dogs.)
French Fried Potatoes/Onion Rings (Because these things grow underground.)
5 Bean Casserole (Just because it sounds good. Haha!)
Veggie plate with carrots, radishes, and jicama (Because these things grow underground.)
Root Beer for drinks (Because it grows underground, too, of course.)
And these special cookies:

5 comments:

Shaun and Lanette said...

Oh my goodness, those cookies are ADORABLE!

julie said...

So cute! I need to remember those for next year.

Meagan said...

You are so cute. I wish we lived closer, I need some of your energy!

Alana Tolley said...

You guys are so creative! I wish we could have gone!

Kell Rogers said...

I still think you have missed your calling. With your imagination, just think of all the money you could make planning parties. I can just see you planning parties for IBM, Google, and other large corporations.