James took me horseback riding for our anniversary date!!!!
Background info, I almost didn't marry James because he was allergic to horses (among other things), so the fact that we went horseback riding was something I never thought would happen. I LOVED it! He discovered he could take allergy medicine for a day before the event and then he was ok to ride for a few hours without dying. Sweet!
We rode all around the Rio Grande Basin area. It was lovely! Our guide was awesome! He was able to joke and converse with us and still notice rattle snakes in the way before our horses got close enough to be spooked or injured. He grew up in Mexico and so I had fun talking to him about Spanish culture like chupacabras... We saw a random mangy coyote that made me think of a chupacabra. That was fun!
The guide has taken a bunch of Hollywood actors riding when they are here filming and have breaks, so he had lots of fun stories to tell. Apparently he took Scarlett Johansson riding once while she was in the area filming The Avengers and had no idea it was her until it was all over and other employees were asking him what it was like to be with her for a few hours. He was surprised but said she was actually a very lovely and sweet person. That's always great to hear!
I loved that my horse looked like Ladybug, my Grandpa's old horse. That brought back good memories. I was still a bit timid on the horse just because of memories of breaking my arm when I was seven from falling/jumping off of a spooked, running horse. But I also loved it and wished to be comfortable and cowgirlish! :) Haha! Someday!
Thanks for the great date, James! Happy Anniversary! (Late)
No comments:
Post a Comment