"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I'm an Aunt! (again...)

I was an aunt before, but I'm an aunt on the Crowther side now. Katie had her baby girl in early August making Daphney the first grandbaby for my parents and Shane's parents as well actually. I had my trip planned and of course Katie had to give birth just hours before I arrived so I completely missed the birth. But that turned out great because then we got to spend the full two weeks together with Daphney being there already. FUN!


Katie was a champion! I'm sure she was in more pain than she ever let on. Amazing woman!





Daphney didn't mind leaving the hospital at all! She just sucked her fingers just like her mom used to...

Mom and I got to help with late night and early morning shifts. The first morning we took lots of pictures of Daphney sleeping and got so giggly about 9AM that we woke Katie up. But, we have some fun pictures now... :)


Katie, Mom and I tried to take some studio quality photos of Daphney the first day she was home... That means that Katie took them (since she has some background in photography) until Mom and I got her laughing which caused her too much pain and she had to leave. Oops! Then we took over and spent several hours taking pictures.

This is the picture that did us in. Mom and I laughed and laughed about this "jump-shot" pose and Katie wanted to laugh but hurt too much. By then, all her energy was used up and she went back to bed. That's when Mom and I really had some fun... he-he-he.








Some more memories of the week...

Daphney's first bath - which took all four of us adults at some points.

Daphney's glow bed. She had to sleep on this almost constantly for 5 days while her billirubin levels dropped. She looked cute in it but we were quite annoyed with not being able to hold her as much.

This is a great shot of her big, beautiful eyes! What a doll!

No comments: