James and I had the privilege of nannying for five days for some friends while they flew East for a friend's wedding. Some people will probably think we're insane for enjoying this so much but we had a blast! Even while cleaning yogurt out of the backseat of my car, I was enjoying myself. Notice I did not say I was necessarily having fun at that point, but I was enjoying myself.
Each day of our nanny-ship, we had some fun trip planned. We went to a couple parks, visited James at his HP job (which I will have him blog about because that's a story all in itself), to a water splash park, to the zoo, to Santa Fe on the train, to a party center called Hoots, to our house (which the kids now call the crazy house - not sure why...), and to my in-laws for Sunday night dinner.
James's sister Jenny was here the day we went to the zoo and so the Harper family came as well. It was loads of fun - particularly feeding the ducks and fish! Thank you, Dannie, for remembering to bring lots of quarters!
The last day, we went to Hoots which is a jump-and-play party center. That was a ton of fun because adults are allowed on the equipment as well. So we ran all over through these mazes, cages, and giant balloon slides. The younger boy still remembers that we went together and talks about it like it happened last weekend. Fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment