"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, April 20, 2009

College - check!

One more life milestone I can check off! I'm graduating this weekend and I am so excited about it! I will be able to do other worthy things like read novels (not textbooks) and play piano and cook yummy more complicated meals, and much more. I'm a little sad too because there's still so much that I didn't get to learn that I want to so I guess more schooling is not totally out of the question. Plus, I'll be able to learn things now that aren't graded and aren't so stressful. I've already been practicing a new piano piece that is way hard! We'll see if I ever perfect it.

Lots of people have been asking what my plans are now. I still don't know. I'm currently looking for/applying for teaching positions for either elementary school or high school Spanish. Then, I can work towards getting my teaching license and go from there. Wish me luck!

James is taking a Chinese and golf class this spring and then doing an internship this summer. He decided the golf class really was necessary if he's going to join the business world. It's practically a prerequisite for him, especially if you've seen the pictures previously posted from his China golf experience.

6 comments:

Meagan said...

I can't believe it! Congratulations to you! I hope you enjoy the time off, at least for a while.

Alyssa said...

That's awesome Heidi! I have one more test and then I am done with college! And I hate the question about my plans... haha.

Jessica said...

YAY!!! Doesn't it feel great to graduate??? I'm so excited! I finished my last final on Saturday. What an awesome feeling....How have you guys been?

James and Shawna said...

Congrats Heidi! And I wanna hear that piece when you get it!

Mary said...

Go Heidi! No homework is a wonderful thing. Enjoy the spare time while it lasts and don't feel guilty if you don't find a job right away. Just throw yourself in your calling, your VT, homemaking, home storage, reading, whatever! This will be a great time in your life when you did what you wanted, when you wanted. You'll always remember it.

Katie said...

Hey, so I am glad I went to the freezer blog because it led me to your blog. Cool! I liked looking over the stuff you have posted. It's pretty exciting.