For the last few months, the kids have taken on identities from one of their favorite TV shows, Team Umi Zoomi, which is a kids show that teaches math skills. It's one kid show that is actually fairly enjoyable for adults, too. So since they already had assigned characters, James and I decided to make this our theme for Halloween as well. The kids loved it! Abi is Millie, Hyrum is Geo, and Audrianne in Bot. You can google it if you need to see the original characters to appreciate the genius of these costumes. :)
We beta tested them at our church's Trunk or Treat. They worked great except for Audri's belly screen so I adjusted that for Halloween. Good to know now!
 |
| Debuting our costumes |
This dinosaur happened to be a friend of ours and he had fun chasing the kids. Well, Hyrum is fascinated by dinosaurs but when this dinosaur started chasing him, Hyrum went ballistic! Haha! Cried and cried and our friend felt so bad. We laughed it off though and I think Hyrum suffers no residual trauma.
 |
| The scariest night of his life |
We couldn't find Abi for this picture but the twins looked great!
 |
| Aren't they cute? |
The kids have a big blue chest full of dress-up clothes that the dig into every now and then. Halloween definitely reminds them it exists.
 |
| Dress up fun |
The kids don't get to dress up in their costumes for Halloween which is kind of sad but understandable. Abi's elementary school population is larger than my hometown in Kansas so yeah, that's a lot of craziness to contain. It just happened that their APEX Fun Run Fundraiser fell on Halloween and that was basically a party. The kids had to run as many laps as they could in a certain amount of time while traversing six obstacles in the course. Abi loved it and totally had a straight sober game face on the whole time she ran. I could totally picture her running cross country on my dad's high school team, she was that serious. And for whatever silly, parental reason, I cried while I cheered her on. Yep, totally weeped, nearly bawled. Why do I have so much pride and satisfaction in this girl?!?! Because she's amazing and I love her! And she loved getting her medal when she finished.
 |
| Abi's first medal |
The twins and I went to the zoo on Halloween. I thought it would be an amazing way to spend the holiday rather than being cooped up at home. So we arrived nice and early with our buckets in hand at 10:30AM. Turns out, they had changed to seasonal hours and didn't open until noon. UGH. And the kids could not be convinced to get back in the car so we walked around the Japanese Tea Gardens for a while and eventually sat in the car while I napped and they watched Frozen on my phone. Finally at noon, we went to the zoo only to learn that they weren't going to hand out candy until 4PM. What an epic fail! Haha! Fortunately the kids thought it was fun just to carry their buckets around and didn't really feel the loss of the candy. They really are great kids and we all love the zoo so we had a great time despite the Halloween-experience fail. Notice that I fixed Audri's belly screen though. It works much better now.
 |
| New statue at the zoo |
 |
| Audrianne |
 |
| Hyrum |
James and I even dressed up as characters from Umi Zoomi; we were villains, the troublemakers! The kids loved it! We did our traditional run to Krispy Kreme and Chipotle for free donuts and discounted dinner. Then we canvased our neighborhood for candy until it was dark. It all went so well and the kids loved it!!
 |
| Family photo |
 |
| The troublemakers |
This was 15 minutes into our Halloween adventure. I stayed in the car with the sleeping twins while Abi and James went into Krispy Kreme. What a day!
 |
| Halloween is going to be good... clearly |
 |
| The haul |
No comments:
Post a Comment