"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Thursday, March 15, 2018

The end of August

August 2017

Abi has not yet shown a desire to create in the sense of crafting, coloring, or building. So when we found her one morning playing with her britebuilders and she showed us her "bird" and it really looked like a bird, we were pretty thrilled, amazed and proud. Haha! Definitely a moment for the books.
"Look! A bird!"

I love these lips!


This picture is for my aunt Coco. When the babies were born, Coco was so nice to send Abi some coloring and sticker books that came in so handy this month. I let Abi make all sorts of dinosaur faces while I worked to get the house in order. She loved them!
Happy dinosaur

Top ten favorite pictures, right here!
Crazy hair!

Calm hair

Yeah, her birthday is in July, but July was nuts so we finally had time to celebrate. She loved it!
Happy Birthday, Abi!

That's happiness right there

Bonus points to whoever can name the movie this quote is from:
"Bed sheets?! Who invited that kid?"



AND........... three weeks after moving in, we have a hurricane... Hurricane Harvey did not hit us as predicted but believe me, I was so frustrated to know that we had batteries, flashlights, go-packs and more good emergency preparedness items that were boxed up in who knows which box. Haha! We were prepared but not and that was a bit frightening. Fortunately for us, the hurricane itself didn't make it up to us but we did get quite a bit of rain for a few days and the whole area sort of shut down and hunkered down. That part was nice. It was nice to have a couple days stuck at home with everyone and enjoy our new home.
Welcome to Texas
It gave us time to snuggle...
Pajama party
...to get organized...
Helping Dad get organized
...to explore... Audrianne had not opened a drawer before. I wish I knew how to create gifs and could make these three pictures into a gif for you all. Just imagine the next three pics in quick succession. It was pretty cute!
Learning about drawers




Hyrum thought this box was thoroughly entertaining! I'm glad I get to remember his adorable crawl!
Walking the plank


But his face!!

James thought we all needed to get out of the house despite the hurricane so we went for a walk... for about six houses and then turned around because that rain was cold! Haha! We were playing host to Uncle Adam who came to visit just a few days prior to the hurricane so fortunately he had enough time to see some sites and then got to enjoy the hunkering down with us. Haha! What an adventure!
Getting out in a hurricane

I LOVE walking in to their room and seeing their happy, smiling faces! Seriously, how could you not love someone who was always happy to see you?
This is a dream come true every time!

Abi loves to help cook by cracking eggs and she usually does a pretty good job. We're still learning to keep the shell out though.
Cooking together



Adam flew in!

Abi got to start school here in their preschool program and she loved it!
First day of preschool

Adam is a favorite in this house!

It's been so warm here and our community has a nice pool so we come almost every day now. The unfortunate part of the hurricane here was that it cooled our tropical pool down to an uncomfortable level for me. Abi still loved it though! (I know. Houston probably thinks this is insensitive to complain about a cold pool. I'm not complaining... just explaining why I'm not in the pool with her.)
Learning to dunk and swim

Abi learned about cannons at the Alamo.
What's in it?

On the Riverwalk with Adam, another dad gave Abi some bread to feed the ducks with and instead she took a huge bite! She ended up eating several pieces with such gusto, it was embarrassing! I was afraid people were going to think she never gets fed. Good grief! Parenting is humbling.
Feeding the ducks? or...

Feeding herself?

We ate with Adam at Rainforest Cafe which I've never been to. All the animals around us and this special drink made her life! It's fun to spoil my kids. Too bad it really does spoil them so... rare treat, but so fun!
Special drink







No comments: