"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Beginning of August

August 2017

We loved visiting Nauvoo but we were very glad to be on our last leg of our trip. We had a full van - all five of us and Juli and we were tired! :) Thankfully Abi shared her Dori with me so I could sleep.
Such a great pillow

I love that Granddad and Grammy's house is that magical place that my grandparents' homes were for me as a kid.
Big sister pushing Audrianne

Getting love from her uncle Jake

I believe this is the babies' first real swim! They have always loved their baths so the fact that they love swimming is not a surprise. I am going to have a tough time next summer having three non-swimmers who love water! I guess we need to purchase life jackets now.
They LOVE water!

After staying for just a couple days in Kansas with family, we continued on our epic road trip down to San Antonio, Texas - our new home! Granddad can always be counted on to spoil his grandkids. But who wouldn't when the reward is such a great face?
Sucker for the road

We made it to our house and all collapsed on our floor to sleep. It's strange to sleep in an empty house and realize how much stuff we have that really is more cultural than needs-based. Something to ponder while staring in the dark at literally nothing. :) Our movers showed up bright and early and thus began the game of trying to stay out of their way. We had a great time playing this humpty dumpty game and taking funny selfies for a while. Eventually they unpacked Abi's outdoor toys like her trike and she was ecstatic.
Watching the movers bring our stuff in

And then lived in towers of boxes - haha!
All moved in... sort of

So I didn't even realize while we were buying our house that it had a porch swing. I think my sister noticed that in the pictures before I did. Despite that being an unknown perk when I was choosing this house, it is now my very favorite feature! I love sitting in my porch swing in the cool mornings!
Love this Texas sun

I'm not the only one who loves the easy access to the outdoors...
We have a porch!

Selfie

This yard is so flat and shaded and beautiful! Definitely the selling point of the whole property! I can't wait to build a playground and garden and other exciting things - it will be epic someday!
And we have a back yard

While on a visit to the Alamo, Abi learned what a cactus is. I love her captivated face!
"Sharpies"



My normal life from my past is like a distant dream now. Haha! Twins change everything about normal and make it all an adventure - especially when we eat at a restaurant where the tables are all squished together and we have to move customers and tables to squeeze through to the back where there is room for us (barely) because the stroller is parked in the space between the kitchen and cafeteria part. Haha! We are a spectacle everywhere we go! Because, hello, cute twins! In fact, most of the customers probably got cold food after that because every waitress leaving the kitchen with food to deliver had to stop and flirt with the babies first. :)
How to eat out with twins

We were so blessed that Mary and her daughter drove from New Mexico for a week to help us move in. Holy cow! I did not realize how NEEDED that was until they left and I got virtually nothing done for days and weeks. I would still not be unpacked if they hadn't come to help! (It's March now.) Mary helped me unpack while my niece played with and distracted Abi and the babies. How beautiful that was! I was still nursing and pumping multiple times a day and therefore tired and unfocused and these two wonderful ladies saved all of our sanities! We owe them a great vacation!
Tired from playing with her cousin

While unpacking, we found Abi's chicken costume which she immediately became attached to again. Haha! What a silly girl! She wore that chicken head to James's work where we visited him for lunch and enjoyed their food cart selection. She turned a lot of heads but she didn't care!
Headed off so confidently



I love this girl so much! Her personality is hilarious!
She will always be Abi no matter how old

James can't do anything at home anymore, especially on the floor, because he just gets attacked by two kiddos who love him so much!
DADDY!!!!


No comments: