"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, October 19, 2015

We love when family visits! Part 1

We spent the last couple days of May in Washington DC with James's brother and his family. We LOVED having them visit! It was amazing! They are science nerds so we spent plenty of time at the National Air and Space Museums. :)
Us with a space shuttle!

Abi didn't appreciate it as much as she should have, but what can we expect? She wasn't even two years old yet.
How a toddler looks at museums

We made extra effort to listen to a special presentation about a WW2 airplane and the guy that spoke was maybe a bit too knowledgeable about the subject because his presentation went for about 45 minutes when I think it was probably only supposed to be 15 or so... It was interesting stuff but I was not prepared to stand still that long and neither were the kids. They took it well and were so patient! And, thanks to that long-winded historian, I got this amazing picture!!
My favorite picture of the whole trip!

We made sure to see the DC Temple while we were there. It's still lovely!
Washington DC Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Abi's face is fantastic!

Dad makes everything more fun!

This is a classic picture that we loved taking! Pretty much, we walked by the building, read the sign, all looked at each other, smiled and knew simultaneously what we wanted to do. Good stuff! I especially love my nephews on the right who look like they're being robbed besides being broke.
We couldn't go to DC and not get this picture

We barely got to see the White House in time before they ushered everyone away so an armored parade of vehicles could drive in. I'm guessing someone important was arriving - maybe the President??
The White House!

My travel buddy

Family photo at the White House

This is one of my favorite spots in DC! It feels as peaceful and sacred to me as the temple does. Lots of men and women have given their lives for this country!
I love Arlington Cemetery!

Abi does too!

Abi loved getting a little more freedom to explore

Abi kept running up to this display and yelling, "Shoes! Shoes!"
She really loved this guy!

If you ever visit DC, realize that it's difficult to find food and you will always end the day exhausted! But you will sleep well! :)
Picture of how we ALL felt at the end of this DC leg of our trip.



No comments: