![]() |
| What a grown up lady! |
Then Monday came, and Abi did not appreciate life at that moment. She had three molars growing in all at once and wanted nothing more than to snuggle. We kept her on tylenol to keep the fever at bay but her energy levels and appetite stayed pretty low most of the week.
| This is what molar-growing looks like |
Her daddy does a pretty good job cheering her up though...
| Still feeling well enough to help work a staple gun |
Who doesn't enjoy trying a new power tool? Especially when you're not feeling totally with it?
| And a hammer |
We also set up a box tunnel/fort and showed her how to use it. These are always special moments because you get to channel your childhood. :) FUN!
| A special hiding spot always helped me feel better when I was a kid |
Then, despite Abi's poor outlook on life all week, we spent Friday night and Saturday with friends at their family cabin. Their uncle has custom built this cabin from the very first log and so it's quite nice as far as exactly fitting their style. They are Greek and he put a genuine brick pizza oven next to the fireplace. It's pretty darn sweet!
So Abi got to learn to make pizza from the coolest Greek family we know!
Saturday morning we went sledding down the mountain.
We put Abi in the warmest outfit we had which was a snow suit sized 12 months. Oh well, she stayed warm.
![]() |
| What a cute little marshmallow child! |
![]() |
| Going sledding with mom! |
My new favorite picture!
![]() |
| Too bad the sled didn't fit all of us... maybe that's a good thing though. |
James was much better at taking her down the mountain than I was... I just screamed and apparently screaming doesn't calm the toddler soul. Weird... James said "Wheee!" That's much better for inspiring fun and laughter.
I was supposed to follow the established route. Turns out I'm not so good at that. It might help if the sled was built for adult bodies, not kid sized bums. :) Also, I inherited my dad's goofy holler. YES!!!
After we were finished, I put George her stuffed monkey inside her coat which she found super hilarious.
![]() |
| George the monkey was cold so he got to wear her coat. |
Sunday afternoon, James and I were cooking and therefore could not hold Abi even though she wanted to be held so badly so her gums could feel better. After a while, she just gave up and laid down right in the middle of the floor. I think she was on strike or something...
| When you're too tired to fight anymore... |
You can't help but feel love for this silly girl and her need to be held - even if we're trying to make her some dinner.
Over all, she made it through a tough week - and we did, too! Barely! Thanks to the help of some friends inviting us to forget our troubles with them. :) (Sorry, friends, that Abi cried, or rather screamed, for a few hours in the middle of the night.)















No comments:
Post a Comment