"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

We celebrated Easter this year by watching Ten Commandments, researching Passover, and having a family Easter basket that we let Abi discover. We learned a lot of cool things about Passover that we can hopefully incorporate into future Easter celebrations. It would be nice to have more Easter traditions to celebrate Christ's birth, death and resurrection. That's quite an important season!


The book and Pez are from Abi's grandparents. (Thank you!) We got Abi the bath toys. The Hobbit movie was for James and the candy was mostly for Me.


Abi was kind enough to break in all our Easter gifts while we took pictures. Love that girl!



I'm trying to write an advent-type activity to commemorate the Passover, Jesus's life and death, the restoration of His gospel, and hope of eternal life and salvation while still incorporating the exciting feelings of spring (bunnies, eggs, candy). If I get something good written out, I'll post it in case anyone else is interested. My goal is to figure it out in time for next year.

No comments: