After a long hard day, milk and cookies with Dad will be the prescribed fix, but for now, just milk will have to suffice. She's holding her own bottle now! That is happy and sad news. It's one more step of independence which is wonderful and so depressing at the same time.
I know I will miss holding her bottle and being so desperately needed by her. It's interesting raising a child with the mindset of "this might be your only chance to experience this kind of moment." It definitely helps me appreciate her so much!
For the longest time, Abi had a fixation with looking at everything on the ceiling. I suppose they spend the majority of their first six months on their backs, looking at the ceiling. And maybe that's a hard habit to kick. It's like retired Military or secret agent people who still survey the crowds looking for threats.
So, James joined Abi in looking up.
She spent most of our sealing ceremony in the temple looking up, which seemed so angelic and divine that time. Sometimes she just lays in her crib or her car seat looking up and giggling. It makes me wonder what babies see that we are too busy to see.
It also reminds me of a great talk from General Conference in Oct 2013 about looking up. It's a great talk by Elder Adrian Ochoa about preparing spiritually before the coming of the Lord which he illustrates through his story of getting caught in a rain storm while playing marbles. Here is the link.
1 comment:
I have to admit I did glance up while reading this. I think there should be a survey at the end comment if you looked up!
Post a Comment