"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, September 23, 2013

Happy 2 Months to Abi!

Abi has turned two months this week! I can't believe how quickly time has gone by!


Stats:
    Weight - 10.0 lbs or 15%
    Length - 23.5 in or 50ish%
    Head Circumference - 39 cm or 60ish%
Basically we have a long, skinny girl on our hands. The doctor said that when all factors are considered, she is in the 3% range of all babies. So, tiny girl, but still on the charts and still growing perfectly well at her own pace. Great job, Abi!

Milestones: Abi has rolled from tummy to back twice, but hasn't made it a habit yet. She holds her head up at 45 degrees and moves her head from side to side when on tummy. She also supports her head pretty well when upright which means she can now look around when she's being held, and she loves it! She stares quite a bit at lights, windows, pictures on the wall and nothing. Abi is sleeping through the night fairly frequently which we appreciate.

Honestly, Abigail is a pretty good baby! She had a couple weeks (and maybe a few more in the future) of crying just to cry but that was mild compared to what I know it could be. She does spit up quite a bit which is getting less appealing the more she eats - because that equals more to spit up. Yum!

My favorite developments: Abi recognizes us and calms down when James or I hold her. I love that! That is when I know she sees us as Mom and Dad and that is when I know adoption works and is beautiful. Another favorite is that she smiles more and more. She waited a long time to smile but now she smiles in response to our smiles and occasionally on her own. Abi also frowns! She could actually be an Olympic frowner. Her sad faces just melt my heart! I'm still trying to capture a picture of it, but here's the best I have so far:


My favorite moment: Once while I held Abi, her arm was wrapped around to my back. I'm sure she simply wanted her hand in her mouth and couldn't figure out how to get it there but she suddenly was patting my back about four or five times as I was patting hers giving her loves. To me, it seemed as though she were responding to my pats and returning them and it was the first time I felt some semblance of recognition or gratitude or familiarity or whatever you call it in the English language. I imagine it's very similar to what expecting mothers feel when their baby first kicks in the womb. Such a tender moment!

Abi loves: warm baths, being held, car rides, Piano Guys (no joke), shopping with Mom, sleeping on the couch with Dad.

Personality: "Abigail is the noisiest baby I've ever heard!" That's the most common thing we hear. Abi makes the best noises when she eats, sleeps, breathes, all the time! And we love them!

She seems very musically inclined by the way she responds to music almost instantly. When she's fussy in the car, 7 times out of 10, she is instantly calmed if we play Piano Guys. That becomes 9 times out of 10 if it's the song Moonlight. I laugh every time, because I can hardly believe it and I witness it. She really loves them!

Abi also hates being cold. That's how we know she's my daughter. :)


Basically, she's exactly what we've been waiting for and so worth the wait!!


3 comments:

Meagan said...

Love her! Love you! She is so tiny still! That is awesome. I've never had one stay tiny for so long. Then again, they didn't really start out so tiny either. I'm sure you are enjoying it so much. I have a package to send you, so watch for it!

Katie said...

I love it! Enjoy the frowns, they are just part of her personality. Eleanor was a late smiler too, and watching her scowl morph and change has been one of my favorite parts of being her mommy. It's a reminder that she isn't some generic baby, she's mine and I know her and she came that way.

Heidi said...

Thanks Meagan and Katie! She is very fun to watch grow! I agree that the frowns give her personality. It's most funny to me that she frowns at the weirdest times! Like when we're playing with her and think we're going to make her smile, but then she frowns the BIGgest frown and cries. :) Haha! I guess we're not as entertaining as we think we are...