...this one is for you!
Jake and I went to the Hillwood Mansion museum one day while James worked. I really wanted to go and somehow managed to convince Jake that he did, too. Luckily for me, he really enjoyed it! The house was amazing and I don't know why I didn't take more pictures of the inside. Maybe it wasn't allowed. I guess you can look it up here.
Our very favorite parts were the grounds though. And Jake's absolutely favorite part was this Japanese garden. We basically decided that we both wanted amazing grounds like this someday.
The grounds were built like a home in the sense that you had different "rooms" of gardens. I had never heard of this but I LOVE the idea! My imagination went a little wild with this. The left picture is looking past the 'backyard' down the hill. It would pretty steep and would make a perfect sledding hill if you could stop before you hit the trees at the bottom. The right picture is of the 'backyard' and back of the house. I want that plant with the giant leaves in my yard someday. It's so fantastic! Literally. It looks unreal!
There was a putting green room that was pretty cool! This just cracks me up. And the right picture is the outside walkway of the rose garden room. I'm not a huge fan of rose gardens but this walkway was awesome!
And this is a more European Royalty look.
There were killer-cool walkways and stairs between rooms of gardens. And the right picture here is the outside of the grounds along the street. I love how decorative it all is and how lush and green. It looks like a jungle!
This museum also had a temporary exhibit of dressed made out of paper. You have to see them here.
No comments:
Post a Comment