"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Delicious and Glorious Aftermath

Once upon a time, I worked for Verizon Wireless. While it’s a great company to work for, I didn’t enjoy working there. I had a long commute so I left just after noon and worked the evening shift until 11pm, not getting home until after midnight. I was getting so tired of the whole situation that I told James that if I could quit, I would cook him an amazing dinner and give him a backrub every day. Of course, I couldn’t quit until he graduated and even then we had to be sure his job alone would sustain us. But, I finally got my wish and I realized recently that I’ve been forgetting my deal I made. Haha! I think I knew it was unrealistic when I said it but one good meal every day isn’t too much to ask, is it?

Well, here’s my breakfast I made after James’s LOTR all-nighter with the young men. He has never slept in longer than me and even if I wanted to get up early and surprise him with breakfast, he’s too light of a sleeper. He ALWAYS wakes up when I get out of bed. This was a fantastic day in our marriage – almost five years into it, and I have finally cooked him a terrific breakfast in bed of sorts. (We didn’t eat in bed.) Because it had several courses, of course.

Here’s the first course, fruit and bagel with cream cheese.


And the second course was breakfast casserole – delicious! It was a freezer meal recipe from my freezer meal blog. (Click here to see it.)


Here’s James licking the spatula it was so good! I actually had to wake him up for this at about 9am. We ate and then he went back to bed until about noon or so. Believe me, I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that my husband slept in so long for once in our marriage. :D


Here’s me, doing dishes. I tried to be formal about it and take his dishes after each course. It was fun and I felt so homemakerish.

No comments: