"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Birthday!

In one day, James got a whole year older. Those are rough days...

We've celebrated James' birthday several times this week, but here are pictures from Monday night's celebration. We had a glow-in-the-dark black light party and had all sort of black light reactant decorations, clothes, food, and cake candles. It all varied in reactivity though. Like my shirt was way cool in black light, but the white tablecloth... not so much. Wierd huh?


My niece and nephew helped me hang streamers and decorate the cake with crushed butterfinger and candles while Mary made an amazing dinner! I think the shrimp was my favorite part. I may have to purchase those lovely Costco things.

Like I said, my niece and nephew put all the candles in, so they were pretty much all in a big group (why do adults spread them out anyway? It's so much easier to light when they're all together) and then my nephew decided to sink them all. I guess for stability? They were about three-inch tall candles but you could only see about one inch at first. Haha! I pulled them back up though before we lit them, no worries.

What do you think about the black light party? I think there needs to be more advertised black light reactant products. Like, shouldn't it be federally required for all products to have a blacklight rating on their labels? Maybe I will go to Washington DC and lobby for this because this is ridiculous that we've come so far in our country's history without having a law regarding this. Who's in charge anyway?

Eh. I just bought glow-in-the-dark bracelets because they for sure will show up. Even if lime green paper plates, white cups and tablecloths and yellow streamers will not. (We didn't use the yellow streamers because they failed. We used white.)

Anyway, Happy Birthday, James!

No comments: