This picture was taken Friday night while in Kansas. I guess spending 2 weeks in a hotel in NM, driving to Colorado for three days, then on to Kansas for two days is a bit exhausted for a 7 month old. Our routine was hanging by threads at this point.
This is Abi wearing her first ever candy necklace bought for her by her granddad on the road trip from Colorado to Kansas. I think it's his goal in life to spoil his grandkids with all the things we had to beg for just to rub it in. I guess that's what grandparents are for. Love you, Dad! By the way, she enjoyed it by drooling on it... as in drool, dribbling down the chin onto the necklace. She hasn't quite figured out that it goes in the mouth. But when you look this cute, why would you eat it?
Before we left Kansas, James and I left love notes on a few windows. He wanted to tag the shop to say thank you to dad for his amazing work on our rocking horse, and tried to draw it.
It looked like a rocking dinosaur we decided. I'm still not sure how he ended up with a double chin...
So I helped. Ears help, too.
We stopped in Hannibal, MO just to see what we could see if we had more time. We drove down main street and saw this store and had to take a picture. If it weren't freezing we would have gotten our Abi Rose out to pose in front of this store.
We needed a diaper/feeding break so we stopped in the parking lot of the Mark Twain Visitor's Center right by his childhood home and a few other related buildings like this Grant's Drug Store. It looked like a really cool place to go see in the summer, when it's warm.
This is Abi in the morning in our hotel in Richmond, IN. James barricaded her in so she wouldn't roll off as she has finally "mastered" that, meaning, I've seen her do it twice so now being left alone on heights is off limits. Also, she is apparently learning to scoot because she hit the head board at some point in the night and could go no further. Haha!
Jet lag is such a mean friend. This is Abi in our apartment in New Jersey a few nights after we arrived. We still haven't gotten used to the two hour time change.
And this was going to be a picture of Abi sleeping with her arm cradling Pascal so sweetly, but the flash woke her up just in time for the picture. Just imagine her sleeping like this... eyes closed. :) It was precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment