"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Happy Birthday to Hobbits everywhere!
We held our second annual Hobbit party this year on September 21 which is not technically Bilbo's birthday (22nd) but it worked well anyway. Check out the first Hobbit party here.
This year, since Abi was only two months old, I decided to go a bit easier on preparation details and simply ordered dragon pinatas instead of making them. I originally invited families with lots of kids and had everyone shown up there would have been around 40 kids so I ordered two pinatas. There weren't nearly that many kids so two pinatas turned out to be overkill, but the kids loved it so I did, too.
I did a better job getting invitations out this year and explaining the details so we had lots of awesome participation with middle-earth themed food! Good job, everyone!
We dressed up again as Hobbits. That's actually the most fun part is the costumes! Fortunately for us, pioneer clothes are almost identical to hobbit clothes so I reused my Trek clothing. Abi also had a cute turquiose-ish corduroy jumper she inherited from a friend so she even looked hobbity.
Random party detail that we do not plan but so far we're 2 for 2 on enjoying... A UFO! It wouldn't be a New Mexican party without a UFO. Last year, we noticed a weird object in the sky reflecting a lot of light and it floated around way up high for an hour or more while we partied. We joked about it being a UFO or weather balloon or something but never figured out what it was. Well, oddly enough, there it was again this year! Apparently our parties are out of this world! That's right.
Here's my pathetic cake this year. It's a birthday so cake is needed, but I didn't have time or energy to attempt the hobbit hole cake I did last year, so here's the hobbit door in flat sheet cake style. Oh but how annoying it is to ice cake that is so crumbly! It was terrible looking but it tasted great.
James's brother Jason did the honors for us again this year of being Gandalf and setting off fireworks. He is a great MC and a pretty essential detail to this party. Thanks again, Jason!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment