"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giant Thanksgiving Tree

Keeping with tradition, we had a Thanksgiving tree this year. James had ordered a bunch of things for work in the months previous and had been saving up the brown packing paper. He had so much, he decided to do a GIANT tree... I didn't really want to put forth the energy for a giant tree but I had no objection to him doing it, so I let him make the tree this time. I have mixed emotions about the end product. :)


It got so big, it took James several days to put it up because it exhausted him. Haha! Poor kid. Then when we went to put leaves on it, the branches were too high for me to reach, which is something I didn't like quite so much because I want to put my own leaves on and I'm sure our kids would too.

The giant tree also dwarfed the leaves and made it look naked because there just weren't enough leaves to fill it up. In the end, it was fun to have a Giant tree once, but I think smaller may be better. It was beautiful though, as always! :)

Thanks, James, for helping keep our traditions alive by making the tree this year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heidi, What do you use to keep your paper up? We have made a paper tree for the last two years and it always falls down. I guess using push pins or something would work but we usually used tape because we had cinder block walls. :)

Heidi said...

We use LOTS and LOTS of ticky tack. Like tens of hundreds of chunks and it still nearly falls by the end. Make sure that you knead the ticky tack and get it warmed up before you stick it to the tree and wall because then it will really squish into the cracks of the wall and hold better. Good luck! That's always the trick every year.