"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Disney World Vacation Day 1

My family got to go to Disney World this last week and we all came home with colds because we tried so hard to do everything at all costs, including sleep and health. Haha! But we have fantastic pictures. James, Shane, and I got there a day early (due to miscommunication on the dates) and so we went to Sea World.

Here are James and Shane eating the Manta Ray food...

Here they are feeding the Manta Rays. This was way cool because you just hold the little dead fish on the bottom of the tank and the mantas swim over and eat them out of your hand. They also tried to eat James' and my fingers but we didn't let them.

This was a difficult picture to take. Even though I knew the dead fish was not near my mouth, just pretending was making me pretty sick.

Here's Shane feeding the Mantas. They didn't bite him for some reason and he kept his hand in there for a long time trying to keep the manta from getting the fish. The best part about this picture is what happens afterward. I was watching Shane play tug of war with the manta and forgot about my hand and fish and the manta you see in the top of the picture scared me to death when he touched my hand and I screamed and jumped and the poor thing didn't even get to eat the fish. Plus, the people that were standing around watching, contemplating whether they wanted to try or not seemed to decide not to try once I pulled that little stunt.

James and I on the killer whales. Climbing on these took me back to when we used to go to the balloon park in Alamosa. Not sure why, but it did.

Here's Shane. There were a few little kids watching him do this looking really excited and a few parents watching looking very angry.

Here is the coolest hat we found at Sea World. I wanted to buy it for James to wear to work on Crazy Hat days. He shot that down...

And this is us technically on the morning of Day 2 at the Orlando Temple. We had just enough time to go there before the family arrived. And yes it was very bright so James is being blinded in this picture. Thus, the funny face.

2 comments:

alyssa said...

We totally miss you guys! That trip looks like a ton of fun though!

Adam said...

I think the little ray just wanted to give you a friendly nudge. lol! :D